Materials for Public Health Strategy - (CTR)
CDC's Procedural Guidance for CBOs (August 2009)
The CDC's Procedural Guidance for CBOs
was updated and revised in April 2006, in January 2008 and again in August 2009. Procedural Guidance for Public Health Strategies provided below:
Implementation Planning and Program Objectives Tools
Program Manager's Guide
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Key Activities
Training Information for CTR, Rapid HIV Testing (online), HIV Prevention Counseling Series and New Advances in HIV Diagnostic Testing
Counseling, Testing and Referral (CTR)
For registration information for attending CTR trainings, please visit the HIP Training Calendar
and select CTR under All Interventions and Courses.
Rapid HIV Testing Online Course (RHT)
The CDC on-line “Rapid HIV Testing Training Course” will offer an opportunity for HIV Prevention Providers working in non-clinical settings to gain knowledge and skills on administering rapid HIV testing. Rapid HIV Testing will allow providers greater reach into places where HIV testing has not been available.
The on-line course has four modules, and takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
- Overview and Introduction to Rapid HIV Testing
- Safe Work Practices and Specimen Collection for Rapid HIV Testing
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control in a Rapid HIV Testing Environment
- HIV Prevention Counseling and Providing Rapid HIV Test Results
All materials in the course are based on CDC guidelines, protocols and established best practices related to rapid HIV testing, as seen in clinical and non-clinical settings.
To learn more about CDC's Rapid HIV Testing course, please review FAQs and Trouble-shooting Rapid Testing Web-based Training
To register for the Rapid HIV Testing course, please visit the HIP Training Calendar
and select "Rapid HIV Testing - Online" from the Interventions and Courses drop down menu.
CDC's HIV Prevention Counseling Course Series For registration information for attending CDC's HIV Prevention Counseling Course Series, please visit the HIP Training Calendar and select the desired course from the Interventions and Courses drop down menu.
CDC's HIV Counseling Courses:
(See Course Descriptions).
- Assuring the Quality of HIV Prevention Counseling: Practical Approaches for Supervisors (QA)
- Comprehensive Risk Counseling and Services (CRCS) for Program Managers
- Planning, Implementing and Monitoring a CTR/Rapid HIV Testing Program (CTR-RT)
- Fundamentals of HIV Prevention Counseling, Training of Trainers (FHPC TOT)
- Fundamentals of Waived Rapid HIV Testing and Prevention Counseling, Training of Trainers (RT TOT)
- Partner Services, Training of Trainers (PS TOT)
New Advances in HIV Diagnostic Testing - Training for Health Professionals Course Description:
An interactive e-Learning tool for clinicians to identify key characteristics and follow-up needs for patients with either positive or negative 4th generation HIV test results. Target Audience:
This program is designed for the wide range of medical and health professionals who administer HIV tests in clinical settings. It is designed to accommodate learners with different backgrounds and varying levels of expertise in HIV testing.
To register and for more information, please visit www.4thGenHIVTests.edc.org
, CME/CNE available.